YOUR Body Is The NEW TEMPLE (New Testament temple)
- Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- This reminds us of the temple in the O.T.
What great care was given to its design.
What immense wealth was placed into its construction.
- Note the day of dedication of Solomon's temple (2 Chron. 7:1-3 and 12-15).
- But there is no such place in the age of grace.
- This building we are in is not God's temple.
- This building is not even a church, just the place the church meets.
- With the Spirit indwelling you, every word, every thought, and every deed is in His view.
- The Holy Spirit knows you. He knows your strengths and your weaknesses.
- He knows your sinful acts and your holy deeds.
- He knows you better than you do.
- The purpose of the Holy Spirit is to build you up in the body of Christ to the glory of God.
- He regenerates (John 3:3-5).
- He indwells (Rom. 8:11).
- He anoints (1 John 2:27).
- He baptizes (Acts 2:17-41).
- He empowers (Micah 3:8).
- He sanctifies (Rom. 15:16).
- He comforts (John 14:16-26).
- He gives joy (Rom. 14:17).
- He gives discernment (1 Cor. 2:10-16).
- He bears fruit (Gal. 5:22-23).
- He gives gifts 1 Cor. 12:3-11).
- Surrender your body to the Lord. Glorify God in you daily life.