A Father’s Responsibilities
7 Qualities of a godly father
- Teach your children – and we are teaching them whether we want to or not.
- A father is a leader - Our Heavenly Father explains that one of our forefathers (Abraham) is to LEAD or direct his children.
- Thirdly, godly fathers disciplines. Listen to the Scripture. “My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor detest His correction; For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights.” Proverbs 3:11-12
- Fourthly, a godly father has compassion on his children.
- Fifthly, a godly father is there for you. He is not an absentee father. Listen to our Heavenly Father’s witness.
- Sixth, a godly father provides for his children. He may not provide their wants or all they desire – but He provides their needs. The Bible says, “But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”
- Lastly, “And the greatest of these is love”. A father needs to love his children. How do you do that? The Bible tells us.